photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Sunday 29 July 2012

HOW TO...Ice cream cone cupcakes



So ive always been the first to spot out a lovely looking cupcake, but actually making them?? im a complete and utter novice!! in an attempt to start being a baking goddess (ha I wish) I have been collecting the cake decorating magazines with my boyfriends mum!! If you follow me on instagram (hintofsparkle), you may have noticed that i excitedly posted photos of these ice cream cone cupcakes. For a first attempt im so happy with the result, and they tasted yummy if I do say so myself. 
How to...
They were ridiculously easy to make 
1. firstly you need to make the mix for the sponge, we just used the traditional cupcake mixture
2. then you must take a baking tray and apply a sheet of tin foil
3. make small little crosses above each of the holes in the baking try and then just simply pop in the ice cream cones 
4. then place the cupcake mixture into the chosen cones and put in the oven for around 15-20mins 
5. once cooked cut the tops of the sponge off and then finally its the fun part.
6. To decorate we used a basic butter cream mix and a star shaped piping nozzle. Because we wanted a bit of variety we split the butter cream into three bowls. For some we simply applied the butter cream and rolled it in hundreds and thousands. For the pinkish cupcakes me put raspberry sauce into the piping bag to create a raspberry ripple effect (they also tasted the yummiest) and finally for the mint coloured ones we applied green colouring, chocolate sprinkles and added a mini flake on the top!! 

Are you a baking pro or a novice like me??
please let me know if you like this kind of post, because im definitely planning on baking more in the future ;)



 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

8 comments:

  1. My mom use to make these for me when I was a kid and we had to bring cupcakes to school for our birthdays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look soooo freaking delicious!! <3

    nenaath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks nena, they were rather yummy if i do say so myself ;) haha xx

      Delete
  3. These look so yummy! Definitely love these type of posts :) xx

    ReplyDelete