photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Wednesday 3 July 2013

An Ode To French Skincare..



No trip to Paris would be complete without at least one, or in my case twenty, visits to a French Pharmacy. Something that there is a plenty, with at least one flashing green cross on each street (to say that our Parisian neighbours are mad for skincare is an understatement). With each one brimming to the rafters with the likes of Caudalie, Bioderma and Nuxe, it took all my willpower not to go a little crazy. 

If luggage allowance wasn't an issue I would have quite happily cleared the shelves of Bioderma Sebium H2O (saying that my boyfriend went a little overboard on the red wine which nearly led to us pulling apart our suitcase in departures, but we will leave that story for another day). Instead I was restrained, some may say sensible, and walked away with two 500ml bottles for the grand total of 14€90. Pretty amazing if you ask me, especially when I often pay a tenner for a 250ml bottle.
Moving on, I also picked up a packet of Bioderma Crealine H2O Dermatological Wipes, perfect for removing grime whilst on the go!! These days I stay away from Makeup Remover Wipes (long gone are the days when Wilkinson's finest were as far as my skincare routine went) but I couldn't resist giving these a try.

Caudalie Beauty Elixr or as I fondly refer to it as 'a spa in a bottle' has become a firm staple in my skincare routine (hell iv'e even got my Mum hooked on the stuff), so I couldn't resist picking up a back up. I originally planned on purchasing one of the bigger bottles, but with similar pricing to the likes of Feel Unique I opted for the 30ml one.
I blame A Model Recommends for the next purchase. After reading her rave review on the Caudalie Divine Legs, it would have been rude not to pick up a bottle. Hopefully my ghostly white legs that could seriously give casper a run for his money, will be transformed into beautifully bronzed pins. I can but hope right?! 
Finally last but not least I picked up the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser. I haven't used this long enough to form a proper opinion so expect a review uber soon!!

So there we have it my French Skincare Haul, and the last of my Parisian posts (le sigh). A little pointer for anyone planning on a crazy french skincare excursion in the near future is to shop around. I noticed all to quickly how some pharmacies were selling Bioderma for around 14€, with others charging a whopping 20€. Talk about daylight robbery ha. Its all to easy to get caught up in the moment and purchase everything from the first pharmacy you visit!!
Have you had the opportunity to raid the shelves of a French Pharmacy?! 
On a side note, can anyone tell me where parisians purchase drugstore cosmetics?! I searched high and low to no avail!! 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

8 comments:

  1. You picked up some great things! I've always wanted to visit Paris- especially the pharmacies! The Caudalie divine legs product looks lovely :) I've been loving La Roche Posay's Serozinc this month- it's worked wonders for my skin! Only available in France though :( But you can find it online- it's amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you would love Paris Claudia im sure :) ...thanks..oooo I will have to take a look at that, heard so many great things about it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh, I'm OBSESSED with French skincare! Loved seeing what you picked up xx

    http://jasminecara.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!! I wish it was more readily available over here!! glad you liked it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Caudalie and Bioderma are two of my favourite brands as well!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely must have skincare brands!! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love reading French skincare posts hehe :D I am completely in love with my Bioderma and I really want to try Caudalie, I think I will definitely be trying that next time I am in France, great post :D x

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah its definitely worth taking a peek the next time your in france :) xx

      Delete