photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Tuesday 16 July 2013

July Birchbox 2013


Whether your Jetting off somewhere exotic, planning a last minute city break, or just making the most of this current heatwave, Birchbox have you covered this month with a selection of travel friendly summer essentials. The contents of this months Birchbox may just be the best I have received thus far (although im not sure anything can top the Fresh Sugar Lip Balm from the January box). 

theBalm cosmetics | InStain Long Wearing Powder Staining Blush 
What they say: A silky powder that fits all complexions, blends seamlessly and stays all day. 
My thoughts: This is without a doubt the star product of this months box. With quite a cult status I have wanted to try something from theBalm for quite some time, and nows my chance. Not only is the packaging ridiculously cute, but its also teeny tiny, so perfect to pop in your bag or carry on!! I have only swatched this blush so far so cant comment on its application or staying power, however I can tell you that this little beauty is seriously pigmented, so I would imagine a little definitely goes a long way!!
Sound good so far?! .. 
RMK | Creamy Foundation 
What they say: The super-hydrating, creamy formula blends effortlessly for a dewy finish 
My thoughts: Im usually rather dubious about foundation samples in beauty boxes. With so many different skin tones its impossible to find a match for everyone, however I think Birchbox may, just may, have hit the nail on the head with this one!! (I received 102 the second to lightest shade in the range) Im not sure how well the dewy finish will be with my oily prone skin but im willing to give it a go!! Has anyone else tried this?! If so please let me know your thoughts on it!! 

Dead Sea Spa Magik | Gentle Cleansing Facial Wash 
What they say: Dead sea extracts remove deep-seated impurities, suitable for all skin types 
My thoughts: This brand has cropped up in so many beauty boxes in the past, so I am definitely intrigued to see what all the fuss is about!

Blanc Cachemire | Creme De Jour Protectrice 
What they say: A lightweight moisturising cream beloved by the BBx Paris team (and us!)
My thoughts: On first impressions this moisturiser smells divine and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth, however it does feel a little greasy upon application, so im not sure how well my skin will get along with it!! only time will tell hey! 

VitaBella | Hand Cream 
What they say: Lasting formula packed with rose hip oil, soothing aloe vera and hyaluronic 
My thoughts: When it comes to hand creams I like to stick to the ones I know and love (the slightest thing can irritate them) so I gave this to my mum as it was right up her alley!! I swear she secretly loves raiding my Birchbox each month haha.

The Chia Co | Shots 
What they say: Bonafide superfood, packed with health-boosting omega 3, protein and more.
My thoughts: Im not to sure what to make of this months lifestyle extra, but im happy to give them a go! Have any of you tried these before?! I would be grateful for some tips.

So there we have it, the contents of my July Birchbox. Next month sees an exciting collaboration with Instyle, so definitely a box not to miss!! 
What did you think of this months box?!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

20 comments:

  1. I liked most the products from this months box except the Blanc Cashemire, I just didn't like the scent at all, I think it's floral which is not my thing but my nose can normally handle it, this it really couldn't. :(

    I used the Chia shot in a smoothie, just blended it up with my fruit and yoghurt. Doesn't add a taste to it, bit of a strange texture but nothing major :)

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thats a shame!! I loved the smell I just wasn't keen on how greasy it felt :/ ..oh fab, thanks for the tip, il try mine in a smoothie!! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not subscribed to any kind of beauty box but I love being nosey and seeing what other people have got and what other people might recommend/not recommend :) x

    Lilie
    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha im the same with the likes of Glossybox, nothing better than a good snoop ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Yay! You got the blusher too! It's really lovely, isnt it? Such a cute packaging design! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is!! I let out a little squeal when I saw it!! especially how cute and teeny tiny the packaging was :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm interested in seeing how the RMK foundation works for you. I have oily/combination skin but use NARS Sheer Glow, it works really well for me even though it's aimed for dry skinned folk.

    Halima

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thats really interesting, I tend to stay away from these type of foundations, so definitely good to know :) .. I will definitely do a follow up review on it for sure! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I'm torn between the birch box and the glossy box, I just can't pick. Both do so many loved products. The blush looks lovely and since a little goes a long way, it makes me want to give it a go!

    http://tshirtsandtea.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a hard decision isn't it!! I only tried one glossybox and wasn't a fan, however I do see some boxes and think wow I wish I was signed up!! In all honesty the fact it was an american company won me over, but im happy i signed up ;) .. its such a beaut isn't it!! the fact it was so so pigmented definitely won me over!! :) xx

      Delete
  6. i really wanted to try that foundation after seeing it on a website, as the consistency looked lovely. let me know how you get on with it! following your lovely blog btw :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to do a follow up review!! im really looking forward to trying it out properly!! :) ..aww thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  7. Ooh what a great box! The blush looks SO pretty & the creamy foundation sounds really lovely!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im really impressed this month!! isn't it just, I wish you could see how teeny tiny it is!! :) ..I seriously cant wait to try the foundation!! :) xx

      Delete
  8. I really need to get me one of these boxes :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it ;) haha.. I love getting a surprise every month!! I often forget about it, and then get all excited when I see a box sat on my doorstep ;) xx

      Delete
  9. Cute box this month! I have been wanting to try Birchbox for a really long time, but I might try Ipsy instead... Which is your favorite?
    Follow me back? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a fab box!! we dont actually have Ipsy in the UK so I cant really comment on it, but from what iv'e seen it looks pretty good!! I would definitely recommend Birchbox though :) xx

      Delete
  10. It really is!! I wish everyone could really see how cute and dinky it actually is!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete