photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Thursday 1 August 2013

Drugstore Haulin'



Im sure I wont be alone when I say that I lack the ability to walk into Boots, without leaving a good hour later with a bag full of unnecessary goodies in tow. With this being the case, as I excitedly walked into my local Boots to pick up my Baby Lips order, I couldn't help but peruse the many aisles filled with cosmetic goodness (what can I say im like a kid in a candy store), picking up one too many goodies as I went along. 

The Bourjois Bronzing Primer was the first item of many to fall victim to my soon to be full basket. With many hailing it as a purse friendly alternative to the sought after and eye wateringly expensive Chanel Tan De Soliel, I couldn't resist picking it up. With that oh so familiar 3 for 2 offer emblazoned across the display (and the added bonus of a free pair of sunglasses, which I stupidly forgot to pick up), it would have been rude not to take advantage. So I grabbed a Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick (22) and Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick (01 Red Sunrise) after several minutes of serious swatching.  

Keeping with the lip theme, I also picked up Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (020 Lovesick). I will admit that im completely smitten with this already!! This gorgeous fuchsia pink is long lasting, fuss free and easy to apply whilst on the go (a plus compared to most bright shades). 
Ive lost count of how many times iv'e repurchased Collections Lasting Perfection Concealer. I know I probably mention it too much, but it really does do a fabulous job of covering flaws and imperfections (pesky spots be gone) without breaking the bank. 

Admittedly I have quite the obsession with Real Techniques Brushes (the days I dreamed of owning every MAC brush ever produced is a distant memory). So I couldn't resist snapping up the Expert Face Brush (do I need an excuse?! ha). 
I caught glimpse of the Smashbox 'Its Your Prime' set whilst making my way to the till. With its £14 price tag I guiltily popped it into my basket and swiftly made my way to the checkout, with a gentle push in the right direction from my very patient boyfriend, before I  found any more gems did any more damage. I have been testing these mini primers out for the past few days, and so far I am seriously impressed (expect a full review in the near future). 
Are you guilty of leaving Boots with a bag full of unnecessary goodies?! 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

15 comments:

  1. awesome haul,love everything you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my eye on the Smashbox It's your prime set the other day, I resisted but still really want it!

    Love Em x
    What Em Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you for resisting, you certainly have more willpower!! Although just to tempt you the primers are fab ;) haha xx

      Delete
  3. Great haul lovely, im hoping to get the bourjois bronzing primer on saturday :)do you know how long the 3 for 2 offer is on for?
    I now also want the smashbox its your prime set too! Your fault - again! ;D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks gorgeous!! Im not sure sorry, but there usually on for a week or two so fingers crossed :) .. hehe sorry (just call me an enabler) ha ;) xx

      Delete
  4. I went in Boots yesterday specifically to spend the whopping £7.00 I had on my advantage card. I was determined to come out with something good....I ended up with a rather safe exfoliator by Champneys! Hhhhmm..

    Anywhooo..The Colour Boost lipstick was in my hand at one point but I sadly resisted. Let me know what it's like!

    oOo Becky oOo

    BKY Bubble oOo Beauty, Life, Baby, Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha a Champneys exfoliator is still a great purchase!! you have a lot more willpower than myself haha.. I will be sure to do a post on the Colour Boost Lipstick :) xx

      Delete
  5. For £14 I HAVE to buy that Smashbox set! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. its such a fab way of trying the products out, without committing to full size!! however a little certainly goes a long way, so I think the samples will last a long time (like the benefit minis) xx

      Delete
  6. Great haul! I love purchasing little sample sets! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! Its such a fab way of trying different products without having to purchase it full size (plus there always cute haha) xx

      Delete
  7. I LOVE the RT brushes, I use the stippling brush to apply foundation but reeeally want to give the expert face brush a try as I think that would work even better!

    Just stumbled across your blog now and i love it so you've got a new follower :)

    http://theoliviajayne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there such good quality and value for money aren't they!! :) .. if im honest I prefer the expert face brush to my stippling one already :O
      aww thanks so much, im glad you like it xx

      Delete
  8. I'm really intrigued with the bronzing primer! It looks scarily dark in the pot so I'm not sure if it'll be a bit too much for my skin tone!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete