photo sparkleheader_zps38652402.png

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Spring Staples




So spring has officially sprung. The nights are at last lighter, the days a little brighter and all the flowers are in full bloom. With warmer weather on the horizon (heres hoping), the time has finally arrived to give my makeup a well overdue Spring shakeup, as I bid farewell to high coverage foundations and deep berry tones and welcome in its place, a lighter base paired with a Spring appropriate pop of colour. 

For base, I have been reaching for the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme. A light coverage, fuss free beauty balm that creates a beautiful flawless finish, whist still looking natural. Lately I have been pairing this with the ultimate complexion perfection ingredient, Chanel Les Beiges. A lightweight, velvety soft powder that has become a firm staple in my makeup bag thanks to its wonderful ability to prevent me from becoming an oily mess. Add to the already perfect mix, a few sweeps of serious radiance, aka Guerlian Meteorite Pearls and your good to go. 

Recently my beloved Tarte Park Avenue Princess has been pushed aside in favour of a more season appropriate splash of colour. Enter Tarte Tipsy, a super pigmented, long lasting, easy to work with blush and the ultimate companion to Tanya Burr's Picnic In The Park. A subtle, pinky coral gloss perfectly suited for Spring. 

Finally for eyes, I have been keeping things simple with this effortless shimmery pink nude from The Body Shop Chocolate Box Shimmer Cube Palette, along with some serious lashings of Benefit's They're Real Mascara.
What are your go to Spring Staples?  photo sophiesignature_zpsa3420772.png

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

17 comments:

  1. The Tarte blush looks gorgeous - I love that embossed pattern :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it just!! I love using it, but I hate seeing the pattern disappear!! xx

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to try a Tarte blush! I also want to try out Tanya Burr's range! xxx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are both great products!! hopefully you will get to try both sometime soon :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm seriously lusting after Tanya Burr's gloss in that shade! Great post, check out my spring wishlist!

    http://make-me-up-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lucy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks Sophie! I own quite a few of them! Love Tipsy x
    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Stacey!! its such a fabulous blush xx

      Delete
  5. Those Tarte blushes look so good I really need one, I love the TB lip glosses my fave is aurora. My spring staple is the NARS Pure radiant tinted moisturiser (it's love!) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really really are.. ooo I definitely need to try Aurora. great choices. tinted moisturisers are fab for spring :) xx

      Delete
  6. Tanya's lipgloss looks so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photographs! So pretty and getting into the spring mood :)

    The Guerlian Meteorite Pearls look gorgeous, must put those on my "to try" list!

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks so much, im thrilled you like them :) .. you definitely should, Guerlian Meteorite pearls are to pretty not to try ;) xx

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving Tanya's make-up range! Love the lip gloss! x
    ItsTheBlueBow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a gorgeous shade isn't it!! :) xx

      Delete